Shiga is no longer under emergency measures.
Here are the next steps to prevent the spread of COVID 19.
1 Dealing with the Coronavirus
There will be 3 stages of caution: the special vigilance stage, the vigilance stage and the caution stage.
The stage will be decided based on a number of factors, including:
- untraceable transmissions, the number of new cases;
- the hospital bed occupancy rate;
- the situation in Kyoto and Osaka.
- Avoid traveling across the prefecture. Also stay away from bars, nightclubs and restaurants in busy areas, where clusters have appeared in the past.
- Avoid organizing events as much as possible. Relatively small events with fewer than 50 participants may be organized.
- Use of facilities will not be limited. Businesses are urged to take thorough prevention measures such as limiting the number of clients.
- Individuals are urged to lead a “Shiga-style 3-way benefit lifestyle” * and stay in their home town.
*See the PDF.
2 Strengthening Support
- Provide financial support as fast as possible.
- Properly support groups such as disabled people, university students and children.
- Support medical facilities. Supply medial material.
- Stimulate the economy. Improve employment measures.
3 Build on Current COVID-19 Experience
Societal changes such as the decrease in movement, people moving back from big cities to the regions, and bringing back domestic manufacturing.
- Share Shiga’s experience of a better new lifestyle.