About Shiga Intercultural Association for Globalization
Shiga Intercultural Association for Globalization, abbreviated SIA (a public interest incorporated association), is an organization that has been founded for the purpose of deepening the global understanding of the people of the prefecture, aiming to raise the awareness for international cooperation, actively promoting international exchange in a wide range of fields such as economics, technology and culture, etc., and contributing to the advancement of local communities that could keep up with globalization.
※SIA are the initials for Shiga Intercultural Association for Globalization.
- Date of establishment
- July 19, 1979
- Authorized representative
- Chairman Kazumasa Hashimoto
- Basic assets
- 436,024,550 yen ( as of March 31, 2018)
- Number of members
- Corporate members - 94 groups (as of March 31, 2018)
- Individual members - 294
- (Headquarters) Piazza Omi 2F 1-1-20 Nionohama, Otsu City, Shiga Pref. 〒520-0801
TEL 077-526-0931, FAX 077-510-0601
Office hours Mon. to Fri. (Closed on public and the new year holidays) 8:30 am to 5:15 pm
- (Hikone Office) 1435-86 Matsubara-cho, Hikone City 〒522-0002
TEL 0749-26-3400, FAX 0749-24-9356
Office hours Mon. to Fri. (Closed on public and the new year holidays ) 8:30 am to 5:15 pm
With the theme, “Developing the next generation - Aiming to create a local community full of vitality”, we will promote the creation of a dynamic community where everyone can live with peace of mind.
Shiga Intercultural Association for Globalization (SIA), from the fiscal year 2016, has the following theme for its second mid-term plan: “Developing the next generation: Aiming to create a community full of vitality”.
While supporting the development of the next generation’s capable individuals, who possess excellent global sense and can play an active role in the international and regional community, including children with foreign roots, we aim to realize the existence of a prosperous and vibrant society by working on the creation of a community where everyone can live with security and be actively involved.
Based on this theme, we conduct the following activities:
- International Education
- We strive to disseminate international education by utilizing various learning opportunities including school education. Development of original teaching materials, management of study groups, leader training and the dispatch of teachers are conducted.
- International Exchange
- We foster global human resources by cooperating with active foreign residents in Shiga Prefecture and with other organizations in different fields, providing a casual place for international exchange and cross-cultural experiences. The Japan Center for Michigan Universities and the sister states and friendly provinces also provide exchange programs.
- International Cooperation
- International cooperation is promoted in Shiga Prefecture by accepting technical trainees from overseas. Consultations concerning international cooperation, overseas volunteers, etc., are handled in cooperation with the JICA Shiga desk.
- Multicultural Coexistence
- Establishment of consultation desks for foreign residents and provision of information on living, educational support for children with foreign roots and foreign students in Japan and support for Japanese language education. We also provide assistance during disasters.
- Overseas Travel Assistance
- We provide information on safety overseas, traveling, and we ensure a comfortable and safe journey and promote international exchange to residents of the prefecture.