On April 7th, the national government announced a state of emergency in 7 prefectures: Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Osaka, Hyogo and Fukuoka.
This does not apply to Shiga.
We are focusing on two objectives to prevent the situation from getting worse:
- Working on avoiding the spread of the virus.
- Adjusting the system to provide medical care with a focus on patients with severe symptoms.
In order to avoid the spread of the virus, and to protect your life and livelihood, we ask for your cooperation in doing the following:
- Avoid travel to areas with high levels of infection, especially Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Osaka, Hyogo and Fukuoka.
- Do your best to fend off the virus by properly washing your hands, respecting coughing and sneezing etiquette, and eating and sleeping well.
- Don’t create settings where all “Three Cs” overlap in your everyday life, including at work: spaces that are closed and crowded, and where you are in close contact with others. Stay away from such places.
- If you have cold symptoms, a fever of 37.5℃ or over lasting for 4 days or more, extreme fatigue, shortness of breath or breathing difficulties, contact the Center for returnees and people who’ve come in contact with the infected.
*If you do not speak Japanese, call the Shiga Foreign Residents Information Center instead.
Let’s all do our best together.
MIKAZUKI Taizo, Governor of Shiga
April 7, 2020
Center for returnees and people who’ve come in contact with the infectedPharmaceutical and Infectious Disease Prevention Office, Department of Public Health Care and Welfare, Shiga Prefectural Government
Telephone: 080-2470-8042 (24/7, including holidays)
Shiga Foreign Residents Information CenterTelephone: 077-523-5646 (Weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Available languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Nepali, Russian, Hindi
Note: For enquiries related to COVID-19, please call or email, and avoid coming to the center in person.