Infections are spreading rapidly.
Based on the current situation of COVID-19 infections in Shiga prefecture, the level of caution has been raised from Level 1 to Level 2 among the 5 levels of caution (Level 0 to Level 4).
The current level is Level 2.
- Take thorough prevention measures to prevent further spread of infections.
１ Ensure prevention measures
- Ensure basic prevention measures. （Wash hands, wear masks, avoid the 3 C’s, etc.）
- Practice coughing etiquette, frequent ventilation and humidification, disinfect shared surfaces such as doorknobs even in the household.
- Be cautious of the “Five situations” that increase the risk of infection when coming in contact with members other than family (meal settings, common living space such as dormitories, social areas used as rest space/rooms etc.) In particular, avoid sharing glasses and utensils, and wear a mask during conversations even in meal settings.
- Be even more cautious when travelling in regions where a high number of infections have been identified.
- Stay home to recover when you have symptoms such as a fever.
- Continue basic prevention measures even after being vaccinated.
- Make use of COVID-19 infection prevention apps such as “Moshi-sapo Shiga” and COntact COnfirming App, “COCOA”.
- For those who have received the 3rd dose vaccination ticket or those who are yet to be vaccinated, regardless of the type of vaccination, please be positive in considering vaccination to prevent the onset of infection・prevent infection from becoming severe!
- Think carefully when travelling in regions where a high number of infections have been identified.
- Dine at a COVID-safe certified establishment.
- Take actions to lower the risk of infection such as wearing masks during meals.
5 Coming-of-age ceremony (Seijin-shiki)
- Ensure prevention measures by social distancing in venues and surrounding areas!
- Refrain from participation if you are not feeling well!
- Those without symptoms but who are concerned of being infected due to reasons such as being in a high-risk infection environment are able for free testing at specified locations.
【Locations for testing】Drug stores within Shiga Prefecture…Welcia drug stores, Yutaka (Nishi-Otsu)etc PDF （Japanese only）
List of Testing Places in Shiga (Free test performing facilities)
7 Five situations that increase the risk of infection
- Social gatherings accompanied with alcohol.
- Long meals in large groups.
- Conversations without masks.
- Sharing group living space in a small area.
- Switching locations such as from work area to rest area.