- We are inoculating Moderna's Omicron strain vaccine at two venues in the prefecture. (We can inoculate from 12 years or older.)
- Omicron strain vaccines are also available without “appointment”. Please check the reception hours before visiting.
- The Omicron strain vaccine can be administered “once per person”. (Free vaccination available until March 31, 2023)
- We will start administering the Takeda vaccine (Novavacs) from February 6, 2023.
Eligible people for Omicron strain bivalent vaccine
- Vaccines for conventional strains and Omicron strains of the new coronavirus (bivalent vaccine for Omicron strains) are available to all people aged 12 and over who have completed the second dose, and can be vaccinated once per person
- Please check the guidance from your local municipality regarding vaccination tickets and venues set up by municipalities.
About vaccination at Shiga Prefecture Wide Area Vaccination Center
Installation PerioｄUp to Monday, March 20, 2023
Inoculation venueSouth Venue: Oh! Me Otsu Terrace 3F (14-30 Uchidehama, Otsu City)
North Venue: Frespo Hikone Building C (1917-1 Matsubara-cho, Hikone)
Eligible people (after January 18）
- Those who have a resident card in Shiga Prefecture
- Those who live outside Shiga Prefecture and commute to work or school in Shiga Prefecture
- Persons living outside Shiga who are enrolled in offices or schools based in Shiga Prefecture
- Persons from Shiga who live outside the prefecture (including family members)
Moderna bivalent vaccine for Omicron strainThose who are 12 years or older and have a vaccination ticket, have completed up to the second vaccination, and have passed 3 months or more after the previous vaccination, and fall under any of the above 1 to 4.
Takeda Vaccine (Novavacs） *Inoculation will start on February 6, 2023
Takeda Vaccine (Novavacs） *Inoculation will start on February 6, 2023Those who are 18 years or older and have a vaccination ticket, have completed up to the second vaccination, and have passed 6 months or more after the previous vaccination, and fall under any of the above 1 to 4.
≪In the case of the second vaccination of the conventional vaccine≫Those who are 12 years or older and have a vaccination ticket, and who fall under any of the above 1 to 4, who have passed 3 weeks (4 weeks for those who received the first vaccination other than Novavax) after the first vaccination.
≪In the case of the first conventional vaccination≫If you are 12 years or older and would like to receive the first vaccination, please contact the following by February 6, 2023
contact informationShiga Prefectural Vaccination Promotion Office Wide-Area Vaccination Center Operation Section (Japanese only)
Phone number: 077-528-3695 (9:00-17:00, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays）
Facsimile number: 077-528-4868
※Vaccination tickets must be issued by the municipality where you have your resident card as of the date of vaccination. (Contact the municipality for inquiries)
※Persons between the ages of 12 and 15 must be consent and accompaniment by a guardian for vaccination.
Operating date and time3 days a week on Friday, Saturday, Monday
【Reception hours】Friday: 13:30-20:00 (16:30-18:30 outside reception hours)
Saturday and Monday: 10:30-16:30 (11:30-13:30 outside reception hours)
- This is not the reception time for "vaccination without reservation". If you would like to receive "vaccination without reservation", please check the following before visiting.
New Corona Vaccine for Omicron strain without reservation
Reception hours (* Reception hours differ from those who have reservations)
【Until Saturday, February 4, 2023】Friday: 14:00-16:00 and 19:00-19:3０
Saturday・Monday: 11:00-11:30 and 14:00-16:00
【From Monday, February 6, 2023】Friday: 14:00-16:00 and 19:00-19:3０
Saturday: 11:00-11:30 and 14:00-16:00
- From 10:30 am to 11:30 am on Mondays, Novavax will be used from February 6, 2023 (Monday). Until February 4th (Sat), we will use Moderna as ever.
How to reservesiVaccination reservations are accepted online only through the reservation site linked to the prefectural webte.
siVaccination reservations are accepted online only through the reservation site linked to the prefectural webte.
・For details on what to bring, please check the prefecture website. https://www.pref.shiga.lg.jp/ippan/kenkouiryouhukushi/yakuzi/320755.html
〇If you do not understand Japanese, please contact the following.Shiga Foreign Residents Information Center
（Monday-Friday 10:00-17:00 *Closed on weekends and holidays）